Dental veneers are thin layers or shells of porcelain or ceramic used to laminate the topical surface of teeth to cover chips, cracks, or discoloration. They are tooth-colored and easily mimic the properties of natural teeth. Veneers are custom-designed for each person and provide dramatic cosmetic enhancement, strength, and resilience to the teeth they are bonded to.
What are the advantages of dental veneers?
- Veneers improve the quality of your life by boosting your confidence and self-esteem.
- Veneers are fabricated to match the natural tooth-color and even mimic the light-reflecting property of the natural teeth. Hence, they are used for cosmetic enhancements.
- Teeth that have uneven space, are misaligned, worn-out, chipped, cracked and fractured can be fixed using veneers.
- Dental veneers are extremely durable and last for several years. They are not likely to chip, crack, fracture or break.
- Tooth-color can be improved using veneers. Veneers can easily treat discoloration and uneven tooth coloring.
- Dental veneers are stain resistant and resist stains from wine, coffee, and tea.
- Dental veneers improve the narrow dental arches to render a wider smile.
- There is no recovery time associated with veneers. You can resume your regular lifestyle as soon as the veneers are placed.
How are the dental veneers placed?
Dental veneers can be installed in two dental visits. During the first visit, the placement of dental veneers begins with a consultation phase where you communicate all your needs and expectations to your dentist. Your dentist will perform an X-ray to determine your eligibility to receive dental veneers. If you are in good oral and overall health, your dentist will proceed with the procedure. Your dentist will remove a portion of your tooth enamel to make room for the veneer. The technique is minimally invasive and only 0.5mm to 0.75mm of the enamel is removed. This is performed under local anesthesia to avoid any kind of discomfort. Impressions of your teeth will be taken to custom-fabricate your veneers, and you will be asked to come back for a second visit.
On the second day of your visit, your prepared tooth will be etched to roughen the enamel, and a dental adhesive is used to bond the veneer to the tooth. There is zero recovery time and you can immediately resume your regular lifestyle.
We, at Bliss Dentistry of Campbell, California, cater to all your needs pertaining to dental services and routine exams. Our Campbell dentists with their entire team persevere to provide you with exceptional treatment that enhances and maintains the beauty of your smile. If you have any further question, queries or dental emergencies and are looking for an experienced dentist in the South Bay Area, feel free to contact us at (408) 963-6678 to schedule an appointment.